Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3, 2011

Happy New Years Everyone! 
 
How's January treating you? We have been getting so much rain still, and it is extra cold for California, but so green, it's absolutely beautiful.
 
Well, I've officially been out on this mission for a month, and can I just say I LOVE IT.
I've been really happy, at the MTC and in California. Missionary work is tough, but so rewarding and I've been surrounded by wonderful people all along the way.
 
Sister Casperson and I taught 20 lessons last week; it was so busy, and I know that God leads and guides us in our nightly planning, because we were able to meet some wonderful people last week, and have great conversations.
 
Some special moments of last week include watching our newest convert, John, receive the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday. He is 62, from Puerto Rico. We also enjoyed teaching Ellen; she is our newest investigator. She suffers from cerebral palsy, so she can't be very mobile, but her mind is brilliant, and she is a Jeopardy superstar.
 
The ward members are so good to us and our investigators, I love it. One ward member, Brother La Rosch, fixed our investigator, Marjorie's car, free of charge on Saturday. She is 82, and has a hard time leaving the house because of her oxygen tank. Anyway, Marjorie was so impressed with his self-less service, and we really appreciated Brother Las Rosch's kindness. He is a convert to the church himself; sometime, I will have to share his story, it's pretty incredible.
 
Have a great week, everyone, and thank you for your support and prayers!
 
Love,
Sister Snow :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Snow!
    It is so nice to hear you are enjoying your time being a missionary.
    We pray for you and for Elder Hall each night in family prayers.
    Keep up the good work!
    We love you,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that you can blog your experiences. Neat-O! Keep 'em comin'.

    ReplyDelete